Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Times Square Fails

Today Audrey and I along with two of her friends went to see WALL-E down at the Regal 13 in the Times Square area. We got there a bit early and audrey spotted this sign with a dialog box on it and I was like no way. Apparently someone's massive LED display down in the Times Square area has a warning for it's owner. That being that the virus definitions are 30 days old and out of date and they have been updated. Of course letting the owner know this interrupted whatever ad or ads running on this display. Even though the dialog box really only notifies you of this and does nothing else other than the option for this box never to come up again. Yeah, that might be a useful thing to check in this case. But no, it's after 5 and the work day is over. It'll be like that til tomorrow morning and people will be pissed.

A video of the display at 42nd and 8th Ave.


A few stills as well for good measure, wish I didn't just have my camera phone on me to get this.











On a separate note WALL-E was pretty great. Really enjoyed it. But really pretty scary, not quite Fallout level scary but scary none the less. Especially with the Buy Large corporation. I was though really impressed with the lighting in WALL-E, down to the little particulates in the air on earth, probably the best I've seen done yet.

No comments: